In June 2018, the board and our Executive Director Jeannine Marks made the decision to establish a new home for Stewart’s Caring Place. Along with a team of exceptional community leaders, they embarked on a $3.0 million campaign to:
- Purchase the site and construct a new facility with healing arts and music suites, resource library, consultation and support group rooms, children’s room, staff and volunteer offices, board room and a teaching kitchen.
- Landscape the property and create a healing arts garden, a sensory garden and reflection pond.
- Purchase and display healing and inspirational artwork.
- Relocate current office furnishings, equipment, materials and supplies to the new facility.
- Install technology to support programs and operations.
- Display building signage.
- Grow Stewart’s operating endowment
On October 25th, 2019, Stewart’s Caring Place became the official owner of property located at 3501 Ridge Park Drive in Copley. Construction on our new home took place December 2019-September 2020 and Stewart’s is now fully operating out of their new home in Copley!
Stewart’s Caring Place has grown tremendously.
Our current location and leased facility are no longer adequate to meet the programming needs of cancer patients, caregivers, families, professionals, staff and volunteers.
In 2018 the board and Executive Director Jeannine Marks made the decision to purchase and renovate an existing building to:
- Accommodate more individuals and families experiencing the cancer diagnosis.
- Provide more programs and services, especially the healing arts, health and nutrition, and activities for children and families.
- Expand our current “microwave and crockpot kitchen” to a fully equipped kitchen to support nutritional food preparation and cooking, and to provide hospitality for our volunteers and those we serve.
- Expand parking capacity for up to 75 vehicles.
- Provide green space for summer outdoor activities such as Yoga Under the Stars.
- Enable expanded work and meeting space for individuals and families, caregivers, volunteers, staff and board members.
- Provide leased or donated space for other mission-compatible organizations.
- Contain future operating costs.
- Control the maintenance of our property.
Bringing us Home
Our capital campaign has validated the respect and appreciation the community holds for Stewart’s. Support has been generous with over $2.6 million raised as of early February 2020.
As the campaign leadership team heads toward the finish line, Stewart’s Caring Place invites YOU to make a pledge or gift which will bring us home!
- Gifts to the campaign can be made by cash, credit card and/or gifts of stock; and can be fulfilled over a 3-year period.
- Gifts can be made in honor or in memory of an individual, family or business.
- Naming rights within Stewart’s Caring Place’s new home and on the property are available for gifts at various levels, and there are options for customized naming rights, as well.
- Gifts of $250 or more will be recognized on an individual brick inscribed with the donor’s name within the Butterfly Walkway that will lead into the new home of Stewart’s.
To make a gift now, please download our pledge form.
Thank you for your generous support of Stewart’s Caring Place.